Parents,
Another great day, we started off by turning the kids loose in the natural history museum and the American history museum. They all did real well with staying in small groups and coming back to our meeting place on time. Then we drove to Baltimore for the baseball game, I think most of the kids had a good time, we were only able to stay for 5 innings because of the time limit that we need to give our driver each day and the amount of hours that we need to make sure he is off duty each night.
Tomorrow we have church service in Arlington and then we are going to go to the Air and space museum until the time we have to leave to attend our special secret dinner tomorrow night. There are tons of scouts here from all over the country and I feel sorry for all the other people here in DC with their families because the lines are so long for everything with all the scouts running around on the National Mall. So while the kids were in the other two museums today us 4 adult leaders walked over to the air and space Museum in blistering heat and purchased IMax tickets for the whole troop for tomorrow afternoon for the new Imax movie "Hubble 3D" which was highly recommended by the people here because it is not only Imax but it is also in 3D with the 3D glasses and everything, I am actually kind of excited myself to see this one.
The health of the troop is very good, no illness or sickness going around. We got Cowboy Charlie some Powder and ointment so he is walking much better today.
I did not want to mention this earlier, but we had a few kids leave some of their clothes in some of the previous hotels, I tell them that I am not their mother and I am not going to clean up after them, but I have been contacting the hotels and talking to the housekeeping dept. in each hotel. and having them FedEX the clothes to me and I think we have all the clothes back, or at least all the ones that I know about. the job of a Jamboree Scoutmaster is never boring, it is an adventure and you never know what kind of adventure awaits you each day when you wake up after a minimal amount of sleep.
Don't get me wrong I would not trade this experience for anything, because I love adventure and being able to turn negatives into positives, that's my job....
I'll say it again, Your Kids are the greatest!!!!
Cal
Sloppy Joe Pot Pie
2 days ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment